Owens Corning ASJ Max FIBERGLAS™ Pipe Insulation
Standards, Codes Compliance
- ASTM C547, Mineral Fiber Pipe Insulation, Type IV to 1,000˚F (538˚C) (with heat-up schedule)
- ASTM C585, Inner and Outer Diameters of Thermal Insulation for Nominal Sizes of Pipe and Tubing
- ASTM C1136, Flexible Low Permeance Vapor Retarders for Thermal Insulation: Types I, II, III, IV
- ASTM C795, Thermal Insulation for Use in Contact with Austenitic Stainless Steel
- MIL-PRF-22344E, Insulation, Pipe, Thermal, Fibrous Glass
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Guide 1.36, Non- Metallic Thermal Insulation
- MIL-I-24244D (Ships) Insulation Material with Special Corrosion, Chloride, and Fluoride Requirements
- US Coast Guard 164.109/70/0 Non-Combustible
- NFPA 90A and 90B
- The ASJ Max jacket is tougher than standard ASJ. It has a polymer coating that helps resist water staining and yellowing, and does not support mold or mildew growth, when exposed to intermittent, short-duration precipitation during construction.
- ASJ Max is designed to have a compatible finished job appearance with standard ASJ.
- SSL II® Positive Closure System has a new, advanced adhesive that fastens and installs with no need for staples or mastic. Closure system is fast, neat and foolproof, and combines with the butt strips to provide effective long term vapor sealing of the longitudinal and butt joints.
- Short pieces of insulation can be cut without jacket loss and the section will not come apart in handling. Butt strips come in sealed bags inside the carton so they can stay clean until the moment of use.
- Fiberglas™ Pipe Insulation’s low thermal conductivity contributes to lower operating costs of heating and cooling equipment.
- ASJ Max can resist short durations of liquid water exposure that can occur during construction.
- Our FIBERGLAS™ Pipe Insulation now operates at a maximum temperature of 1,000°F (with heat-up schedule).
- This product does not contain decaBDE.
- UL Labeled for flame spread rating of 25 or less and smoke developed rating of 50 and is full building code compliant.
Insulation of hot, cold, concealed and exposed piping operating at temperatures from 0°F (-18°C) to 1,000°F (538°C) (with heat-up schedule) in commercial buildings, industrial facilities, and process or power plants.
Acoustical Duct Wrap