Owens Corning Fiberglas™ 703 Insulation
Standards, Codes Compliance
- ASTM C553, Mineral Fiber Blanket Thermal Insulation, Type III – Type 701
- ASTM C612, Mineral Fiber Block & Board Thermal Insulation, Types IA, IB – Types 703, 705, 706, 707
- ASTM C795, Thermal Insulation For Use Over Austenitic Stainless Steel3 (except 701)
- ASTM C1136, Flexible Low Permeance Vapor Retarders for Thermal Insulation, Type I: ASJ; Type II: FRK
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Guide 1.36, NonMetallic Thermal Insulation3 (except 701)
- Doesn't contain the fire retardant decabrominated diphenyl ether (decaBDE)
- CAN/CGSB-51.10 – Type I, Class I – Types 703
- NFPA 90A and 90B
- California Insulation Quality Standards CA-T052
- 24"x48" (610mm x 1,219mm) in thicknesses from 1" (25mm) to 4" (102mm) in ½ " (13mm) increments
- Maximum thickness, Type 705, is 3" (76mm)
- Maximum thickness, Type 706, 707, is 2" (51mm)
Types 703 and 705 are board insulations usually impaled over welded pins on flat surfaces. They are cut in segments and banded in place on irregular surfaces. Unfaced boards are normally finished with reinforced insulating cement or weatherproof mastic.
Type 703—Semi-rigid boards for use on equipment, vessels and air, conditioning ductwork.